Thursday, May 19, 2011

…Your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

God’s creative power is revealed from Genesis (In the beginning God created....Genesis 1:1) to Revelation (Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Revelation. 21:5). This same power, His power, becomes alive in us when we accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.  We become a new person, a new creation, ‘Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!’ (2 Corinthians 5:17).  Worldly lusts and fleshly desires no longer have rule over us.  We now belong to Christ.  He gives us His Spirit and we are forever changed. 

One of the things I appreciate most about my life in Christ is that not only have I been changed, but I am yet still being changed.  All who are His are transformed.  This, He has promised to fulfill!  For our part, having received His great promise, we are encouraged to -

Set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.  For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.’  Colossians 3:1-3

We are to learn to care about the things our Lord cares about.  To have our passions rightly aligned with His.  We are challenged to not waste time or energy in unproductive areas, but to live fruitful and purpose-filled lives.  Always preparing for and anticipating His return.  We must also adjust our thinking.  The frame of reference for our thinking needs to be congruent with our spiritual position.  We are bound to Christ.  The same creative power by which God spoke life into existence is alive in us.  The same power that raised Jesus from the dead is alive in us.  The same power in which Jesus will return and draw all things unto Himself is alive in us.  Our thought processes need to reflect faith and trust in the One who has saved, redeemed and restored. No longer should we allow ourselves to become blogged down with negative thoughts of fear, worry or regret.  And no longer should we negotiate life based on temporal issues or concerns, but we should always strive to live against the back drop of heaven. Our future is an eternity with the Lord, so our challenge is to live each day in preparation.  Our aim is perfectly stated by the Apostle Paul.

Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus!   Philippians 3:12 -14


Be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. That is a good word Pastor Suzanne! I appreciate you! That is my biggest thing, forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead cause I keep getting hit in the head with a new thing in the present. Whew! I miss you and going to church..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this reminder today. I need to not be blogged down with fear and worry, and the only way I can do that is to keep talking to Jesus!

    ReplyDelete